TellYourTime takes pride in growing the community. When it comes to the watch world, trust is paramount. Whether it is buyers, sellers, watchmakers or advisors, we all place huge amounts of faith in those that we interact with. Below is a list of community members that I have met personally or dealt with myself and have confidence in their presence within the watch community.
– Watch Vault Australia (@the_watch_vault): The man behind Watch Vault is one of the most knowleadgeable and genuine people in the watch community. Have absolute confidence in the products he offers, as well as the insight and advice that he is always happy to provide. A pillar of the Australian watch community, Watch Vault is TellYourTime verified.
– Fifth Wrist (@fifthwrist): Fifth wrist is dedicated to watch enthusiasts. Brutally honest reviews, a no punches held podcast and zero commercial influence, this is a place created by @thewatchregulator to be as transparent as possible about the watch we love and the industry at large. If you want to review your watch, head to the website www.fifthwrist.com to contribute to an ever growing community. FifthWrist is TellYourTime verified.
– Woods Watchmaking (@woodswatchmaking): Michael Woods is a WOSTEP graduate, 3rd generation watchmaker of Woods Jewellers, service manager at Rolex Australia between 2008 and 2017 who now specialises in the service, restoration and repair of watches under his own company, Woods Watchmaking. Not only is Michael a great character, but an expert in his field. During his career, Mr Woods has seen some of the rarest and highest value Rolex pieces come across his desk, yet treats any timepiece on his bench as if it were irreplaceable. And trust me, Michael has worked on watches pieces that are quite literally, irreplaceable. Any service queries, vintage Rolex/Tudor or otherwise, do not be afraid to deal with Woods Watchmaking. Woods Watchmaking is TellYourTime verified.
– Geneva Blue (@geneva_blue_): Geneva Blue is owned and operated by Rob Kitto, a resident host of the Rob & Regulator show on Fifth Wrist radio, Rob has prestigious accolades and incredible experience in both the sales and technical areas of the watch industry. Trained by Audemars Piguet and becoming a Horloger practicien (watchmaker practitioner) by completing a 3 year course in 18 months, Rob excelled in his fast paced and in-depth watchmaking training and perfected his skills with many years at AP. Rob then went on to manage the first flagship Richard Mille boutique in Switzerland, with his techincal knowledge and bi-lingual ability making him the perfect man for the job. Now located in Perth Australia, Geneva Blue is a watch retailer for a number of independent brands as well as pre-owned watches, leather straps, tools, accesories and watch servicing. If you find yourself in Western Australia (or anywhere else in the world for that matter) and need an individual with vast industry experience or exemplary watchmaking skills, head to Geneva Blue. Geneva Blue is TellYourTime verified.
– OBR Horology (@obrhorology): OBR horology is owned and operated by Oliver Broos Revitt in Rundle Mall Adelaide. Oliver began his watchmaking career in 2011, beginning his apprenticeship of 4 years at Lewis Watch & Clock makers in Coffs Harbour before going onto complete further studies at the American Watch & Clockmakers Institute the British Horological Institute. Oliver further developed his craft in Europe at the conclusion of his studies, spending time with well known brands to refine his skills in servicing, repairs and restoration. With extended practical experience and ample academic qualifications, it forged a natural path to what is OBR Horology today. Watchmaking resume aside, Oliver is in possesion of an extremely rare guilloche machine, which happens to be the only one of its kind in the entire southern hemisphere. Oliver’s interest in finishing techniques, attention to detail and love for all things horology make him a trusted partner of TellYourTime and an extremely valuable member of the Australian watch community. If you’re a local to South Australia and your timekeeper needs some TLC or you have an interest in engine turning, OBR horology is your destination and Oliver your guy. OBR Horology is TellYourTime verified.